We talked about in our previous blog how Google helps contact forms to block spams and possible hackers, link here: How to install Google reCaptcha V2.
In this blog post we will go through how to install the newly released Google reCaptcha V3! which is slightly similar than V2 but way more secured.
- Active Google account
- Basic HTML Knowledge
- Basic jQuery library Knowledge
- Basic PHP Knowledge
- Login to Google reCaptcha website,
- Click on admin console button at the top right of the page.
- This will prompt you to login with your Google Account, enter your credentials (username/password) and login.
- Once login, click on the + button at the top to create a new Site for your Google reCaptcha V3
- Add the details of your website:
- Name of your website i.e Henry Does,
- Click on reCaptcha V3,
- In Domains enter your domain URL i.e. henrydoes.com (do not use https or http at the start)
- Check that Owners section contains your email.
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Press Submit
- Once accepted, the following screen will be prompted. Here you need to copy and keep the SITE KEY and the SECRET KEY in a safe place.
- These two Keys are all you need to create your Google reCaptcha V3 filter in your website or app.
- In this section, you need basic HTML knowledge to program your Google reCaptcha V3 filter in the front end of your website.
- Here you will also need the SITE KEY obtained in Step 1.
- In this section, you need basic PHP knowledge to program your Google reCaptcha V3 filter in the back end of your website.
- Here you will also need the SECRET KEY obtained in Step 1.
- Code for this step is written in PHP and can be found in our Henry Does Github, click here.
You should be able to generate your own Google reCaptcha V3.